"Penny Haywood PR is for serious public relations. It’s not a fluffy PR agency."
Francis Shennan, freelance business writer for The Herald, Scottish Business Insider, Sunday Times
"Many thanks for arranging such a successful event which attracted so many media,... down in no small measure to your hard work."
R. Desmond, director, Barclays Bank Corporate Services.
“PHPR were professional, friendly and they delivered. They integrated into our team with ease, and we would have no hesitation in working with them again. They have a wealth of experience across a wide variety of business sectors and this knowledge and experience was greatly appreciated.”
Colin Hewitt, Owner, IfLooksCouldKill Ltd.
“Penny particularly understands the complexities of PR for small companies - and provides a flexible service that offers much much more.”
Julie Gibbons, Web Marketing, Social Media & PeopleMaps
"Your attention to detail, your patience and firm handling of things and your obvious deep background knowledge were a tremendous help to us and contributed to a most successful day. It was all planned in a most professional way."
Frank Gustenburg, principal, George Watson’s College
- Bringing you over 20 years experience of boosting businesses, on and offline.
- PHPR founded by Penny Haywood Calder, MA, MIPR, Dip ID (Inst. ID) and Penny is personally involved in all client work
- PHPR works with mainly high growth B2B businesses and business transformation communications projects for PLCs, plus PR for public sector launches and events.
- PHPR brings you useful experience in 'difficult to explain' sectors such as technology, IT, financial services, telecoms, CCTV and security, property, heritage and industrial biotechnology.
- Through membership of PR Boutiques International we can bring you high quality, trusted senior PR practitioners in North America, the Far East and Europe, and manage cross-border projects using secure collaborative tools.
- Your work is not delegated to junior staff and we keep the core PHPR team very small to maintain quality control.
- PHPR is an award-winning agency with both UK and Scottish awards for client work from Communicators in Business plus a Scotland's Health at Work (SHAW) Bronze award.
- By working with PHPR, you are helping to green your supplier chain as we have operated an environmental policy since 1986 based on 'reduce, re-use and recycle.' We are a registered Green Achiever and have taken advice from the Carbon Trust. We also offset business travel.
- VAT registered since 1986, PHPR has no outstanding debts, funding growth from re-investment in the business.
- Penny holds an MA in Mental Philosophy from Edinburgh University and a Diploma in Interior Design.
- Penny founded PHPR after 13 years in-house PR at Bank of Scotland where she launched the world's first online bank in 1985.
- Penny has written for IPC magazines on personal finance and edited various business publications.
- Penny is the author of the best-selling book: DIY PR – the small business owners' guide to 'free' publicity (pub Batsford 1998, paperback).
- Our online PR service is currently achieving Google page 1 natural search results for clients' individual specified search terms
- Our PR for the launch of the CCTV compliance body, CameraWatch, achieved national recognition, putting the statistic that 95% of CCTV camera installations were not legally compliant into common use.
- Managed PR team which raised £63m through investment funds for building student accommodation at various Oxford University Colleges and St Andrews University.
- Managed PR team for ICL Computers' Faraday lecture tour.
- Managed communications team for UK Telecom Industries' Comparative Performance Indicators.
- Managed journalism team for DTI's BIO-WISE programme promoting industrial uses of biotechnology to reduce harmful industrial pollution